Thursday, May 13, 2010

Eye Candy

I love two-handed colorwork knitting. And I love the two-at-a-time method of knitting two circular items on one long circular needle. I just don't know if I love the two things together.

Unlike peanut butter and chocolate, two-at-a-time and two-color knitting just don't seem to go together easily or well. At least, not when working from both ends of a ball of yarn. Too many tangles, too much time spent unwinding, or trying to unwind, twisted strands. I think it would work better if I were using 4 separate balls of yarn instead of 2, but that's neither here nor there now as I don't plan on attempting to re-wind my yarn with my project still on the needles.

So, it seems I'm stuck with this clunky, lunky method, at least to the end of the hand portion of these mittens. Fortunately, they're durned purty to look at:


No comments: