Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Spindlers Spring Fling Exchange

My package from my Spring Fling partner arrived, and boy was it fun to open! Amy N in South Dakota sent me:

  • an assortment of different teas
  • Hershey's kisses (plain and caramel-filled, which DH and I promptly devoured)
  • purple Peeps (yuck! I'm not a Peeps person and neither is DH, so those will go to the kids in the family at Easter)
  • Japanese jelly candies
  • colored pens
  • three skeins of novelty yarn, including a full skein of raspberry-colored Divine, which is the exact yarn I'm using in my ruana (score!)
  • a very nicely-made wooden toy car wheel spindle
  • four small samples of luxury fibers: angora, camel down, Chinese yak down, and raw quivit
I was especially surprised by the quivit. I have no idea of what to do with all those fibers, especially the quivit, which looks like it still has guard hairs in it. Maybe I'll spin some up for one of the Spin Off "Our Yarns" segments. Wouldn't that be cool, getting a sample of my yarn in Spin Off?

No comments: