Friday, February 02, 2007

Bubble, Bubble, Not Much Trouble

Today I finished Bubbly -- yippee! Check 'er out:















Now I get to use my Christmas gift from DH -- a lace blocking kit from Knitpicks -- to get Bubbly all nice and in shape for hanging in the window. The only thing left to make is the twisted cord for hanging...oh, yeah -- and the second Bubbly for the other window in the bathroom!

In other news, my replacement roving (to replace the not-so-clean Cotswold curls) is on its way to me and it looks spectacular:




















Are those colors not to die (dye?? -- see how clever I am?? *ahem*) for? You can't see it in this photo, but there are also some deep greens and other autumn colors in there. I'm going to use the Sheep Shed Studio method of fleeceweaving, which involves making raised "pebbles" with the roving. While I don't hope to turn out something as nice as this


















on the first try, I hope I can at least come somewhat close.

Now the question is, what should I start knitting to keep myself occupied on the subway now that Bubbly is done?

No comments: