Saturday, February 24, 2007

New Project, New Problem

Now that I've finished off three Top-Down Timothy Caps (2 for DH and one for his grandfather) and am stuck on my fitted bog jacket because I've had to order -- and wait for -- more wool, I've decided to start a new project: a Woolly Thoughts "Best of Both Whirls" afghan.

The cool part is that this is what the afghan will look like when it's finished:




















The not-so-cool part is that this is what it looks like now:



















That's right: one square, 44 ends to weave in. Multiply that by the 24 squares needed and that's a soul-sucking one thousand and fifty-six ends to weave in.

Help.

5 comments:

Laritza said...

Weave in as you knit

Jeremy said...

I ditto that comment!

ZeeKnits said...

Wow. That is just a lot of ends. Wow.

hakucho said...

I know that's a lot of ends to weave in, but that afghan is gorgeous. I love it :) Some things I guess are just worth the extra effort :)

happy knitting :)

z's momma said...

I made the single swirl afghan and I just didn't cut the yarn and kept them dangling. It's a bit of work juggling 4 skeins of yarn, but that's a lot better than weaving in ends.

Since I used the 'pattern' from Baby Geek sweater from Loop-D-Loop, I sort of winged it.

I was thinking about making the 'best of both whirls' afghan for self, either that or curve of pursuit. And I'm going to try to keep the ends down on this one too.