Friday, March 19, 2010

Almost There

I'm so close to finishing BGM's blanket that I can taste it! After dance class tonight (did I mention I bellydance?), I sat in Starbucks with a couple of friends over tea and just powered through the second-to-last colored stripe. Now I have about a row and a half of white to go, then four rows of my final color and a finishing three-row stripe of white and I'll be done, done, done.

To tell the truth, I can hardly wait.

It's not that I necessarily have project that I'm dying to get back to knitting on. I'm still working on my cabled aran vest from the Paton's Cables booklet, but even though it's lots of fun, it's something that I'm fine with picking up and putting down; it's not a siren song but more of a steady drumbeat kind of knit. No, I think I just want to finish some things, and this is about as close as I am to finishing anything right about now.

I did manage to pull out my photo album from ::ahem:: last August and get a couple of more pages squared away. I'm trying something new and experimenting with scrapbooking. Honestly, it's not really my thing. I love the finished product, but I'm just not visual enough to make everything hang together as nicely as people who really get into it do. The vacation book is coming out nicely enough, but it's a shitton of work and I just want it to be done with. I was hoping to get it all finished over this week's spring break, but that was just not meant to be. Still, I've gotten a bit more done, and more importantly, I've taken the supplies out of the back closet where they were hibernating, so at least they're out in view and therefore more likely to be worked on. Once I finish the blanket, I think I'm going to concentrate on getting this book done.

Then, of course, I need to finally seam up my Sand Dollar pullover. It's only been more than a year since I finished the knitting up. Why, oh why, aren't all sweaters constructed in the round??

If I can get these three projects out of the way by the end of the month...well, let's face it, if I manage that, I will also have managed to squeeze an extra week into the available 31 days of March, so we'll just see how that goes. But at least I have goals.

Right now, I'm off to work on one of them.

No comments: