Sunday, March 21, 2010

Knit More!

Today was a double victory. First, this:


That's right, BGM's rainbow afghan is finished, only 13 days after it was begun. I still cannot get over how quick crochet is compared to knitting. Too bad I love the look of knitting so much, or I swear all I'd do is crochet just to finish projects.

The next victory happened awhile back, but the prize just arrived today. Behold, my award for being one of the winners of the Knitmore Girls' "Do Some Good Contest":


How cool is that? A gorgeous skein of Tess' Designer Yarns Microfiber Ribbon, the yarn that Jasmin of the Knitmore Girls is always raving about. And how appropriate -- it's in rainbow colors! Plus they were kind enough to send a Verena Knitting magazine, a sample of Soak, and a whole bunch of Knitmore Swag. Sweet!

Now I'm sort of in a quandry. I still have a bunch of WIPs that I really should finish. Mom's blanket jumps right to the front of that list since it was supposed to be her 80th birthday present...this past September. All it needs is the rest of the seaming to be done, and then the burying of the million and a half ends. I am never, ever using my little 4-inch square Weave It loom to make a blanket again.

Since the blanket isn't portable, I suppose I'll go back to my cabled aran vest for my train knitting. And, of course, there's the Sand Dollar pullover that I really need to finish seaming. Oh, and if I get tired of working the needles, I can always pick up the vacation scrapbook and finally do the last 6 pages. I feel like I'm so close to the end on all these projects, but the siren song of the new is always beckoning me away. (I'm looking at you, Tess Microfiber.) What to do, what to do....

No comments: