Friday, March 05, 2010

A Fresh New Look

Over on Ravelry, someone commented that she'd checked out my blog and wondered what had happened with my life after I stopped blogging. She mentioned that I should pick up the blog again, and I'd been thinking the same thing myself. So, here I am.

I've cleared away much of the old crap that I had in the sidebars, header, etc. Feels like a fresh start is in order.

I stopped blogging because life got busy and dropping out of the blogosphere was easy. But more than that...I think towards the end of 2007, right before Baby Z was born, I wound up developing a somewhat uneasy relationship with my blog. There was so much strife leading up to Baby Z's birth, and I put some of that strife down in the blog. And then I just wanted to forget all about it. It was too hard, too painful. I'd cried my way through every ob-gyn appointment from 20 weeks onward, and I really, really wanted to leave that behind. And so, I left the blog behind as well.

Things are very different now. Baby Z is no longer a baby, she's a full-fledged toddler. She is an absolute joy, so full of life and so very healthy and wonderful, despite her disability. She walks...no, she runs most of the time, keeping up with her big sis who will (unbelievably!) turn 5 in just a few short weeks. She talks nearly nonstop. She managed to dodge so many of the typical SB (spina bifida) bullets that I'm still in shock. My gratitude to the vagaries of the universe knows no bounds.

I'm ready to write again, although I don't know how frequently or about what. Bear with me. I'll do my best.

No comments: