Thursday, July 27, 2006

One of Those Days

Today was the day for none of my fibery experiences to go right. First I tried my hand at twice-knit knitting, and not once but twice did my piece come out on the bias instead of straight. Then on the way home from work I stopped at Gotta Knit, where all summer yarns were on sale for 30% off, and found that the one skein of bulky silk I'd been fondling lovingly and which I had found clearly set out on the "sale" shelf was, in fact, not on sale. Finally, I began my ballband bathmat tonight only to find -- after completing three lengthy rows -- that I'd miscalculated my cast-on and needed to pull the whole things out. To top it off, I really didn't care for the way that bathmat was looking in the ballband pattern, which means I'll either need to keep tweaking it until I hit something I like (IF I hit something I like) or simply abandon the idea.

*sigh* I should have expected it. I spent all last night knitting happily away, listening to Pride and Prejudice on Librivox without a care in the world. I finished my project, wove in all the ends, didn't run out of yarn or find I'd dropped a stitch waaaaay back where I'd have to go crazy to fix it...all in all, a great fiber night.

Yep. I should've expected it -- the universe is simply restoring balance. It's a good thing I didn't try to work on anything complicated today...who knows what might have happened?

No comments: