Thursday, December 21, 2006

Daddy's Gonna Kill Ralphie!

God, I love this movie. How many great lines are there?

  • "Oh...fudge. But I didn't say fudge."
  • "Fra-GEE-le. It must be Italian." "I think it says fragile."
  • "It's a major award!"
  • "Fa-ra-ra-ra-raaaaa, Ra-ra-ra-raaaaaa."
  • And of course, who could forget..."YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!"
Next on deck for the Christmas movie-thon: How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

HOLIDAY KNITTING UPDATE:
  • DH's balaclava: FINISHED! It took me till nearly 2am but it's D-O-N-E done.
  • FIL's second glitten: still to be thrummed. I'll tackle that tomorrow.
  • Mom's felted bowl: still to be cast on. I'll also tackle that tomorrow. With a little luck, I can finish both tomorrow and then do the actual felting on Friday.
  • Baby M's scarf: still to be cast on. I don't know if I'll finish this one in time, but I don't think she'll notice or care. I still need to decide if I'm going to use the alpaca or the Nature Spun; today I'm leaning more towards the alpaca, but that could still change.
And in a "fighting with mom" update...after a long phone conversation during which I (surprisingly) remained un-hostile while my mother accused me of being oversensitive, jealous and having my "brains twisted," following which she hung up on me (ah, the holidays...), she then phoned the next day, offered a very sincere apology, promised to change her behavior and asked if we could put the past behind us and start over in the new year. I'm still reeling just a bit from the turn of events, but overall I'm (tentatively) happy with how things seem to have turned out. Could I be even more noncommittal? I guess that's the part of me that's still somewhat shellshocked talking; still, I hope things really will work out. Life's too short, ya know?

No comments: