Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Feelin' hot, hot, HOT!

It is hot. WAAAAAAAY hot. Hotter than it has any right to be, even though it is August in New York. It's so hot that there's a Heat Emergency in effect. I don't know what this means for sure, but it can't be good.

And so, with the temperature at a record high, what should I work on but the bathmat that is quickly turning into the Biggest Ballband Ever!


This bathmat is quickly taking on the proportions of a blanket, with weight to match. It'll make a super bathmat, but for now it's an exercise in knitterly zen (not to mention knitterly determination and knitterly nuttiness) just to sit under it and do a few rows.

I never thought I'd hear myself say I wish it were winter, but right about now I almost do.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Love your ballband bathmat...there just might be one in my future. I hear you about all the strands tangling. WHen I made my absorba I wound 2 strands together on my ball winder so I only had 2 actual balls to worry about tangling. I only used 4 strands total but maybe if you wound 2 or 3 strands together into one ball then there wouldn't be so many to tangle? Just a thought :-)

Jennifer Halm said...

your bathmat looks scrumptious!

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

LOVE THE BALL BAND WAAAAAARSHCLOTH!!
SO CHEERY LOOKING!